2023 was a big, wild and wonderful year for me with extreme highs and a few devastating lows. I'm big on reflection and journaling and I believe it's important to celebrate the ups and downs and to honour it all as part of the journey.
Here's my recap...
- I moved house.
- I said goodbye to my old business and rebranded my new business.
- I won two business awards.
- I was interviewed on 3 podcasts.
- A client told me my help was ‘life changing’.
- I spent 41 weeks and 4 days of the year pregnant.
- I birthed my second daughter but went through one of the most traumatic and physically demanding weeks of my life to do it.
I birthed a new project idea for The Fashion Advocate and it could be the best thing since sliced bread and it’s launching in 2024.
- I reconnected with my intuition with help from Essential Shift.
I launched MISTER BLADIN with my fiancé. It’s all him, I’m just the admin chick ha! We also celebrated 7 amazing years together.
- I camped a lot and spent some beautiful time in nature.
My articles on sustainable fashion were featured in print mags and online media like Peppermint Magazine, Inside Small Business and Ragtrader.
- I worked with 130+ ethical and sustainable fashion labels to help solve their business challenges and make the world a better place through fashion.
- I interviewed some amazing fashion industry icons for my Instagram live series.
- My daughter started daycare and I cried more than she did at every drop off for nine months.
- I was privileged enough to spend Christmas with people I love with a roof over my head, enough food to go around, and presents under the tree. I don’t take that for granted.
I taught my daughter her first four words in sign language, listened to her count to 14, took her to her first concert (The Wiggles of course) and had our first toddler trip to hospital.
- I spent another year doing what I love, making the world a better place, surrounded by people who light me up, and I continued to get out of my comfort zone personally and professionally.
Of all my highlights, watching my first daughter grow (way too fast) and change and blossom and learn was the best experience of all in 2023.
2023 was a pretty bloody good year for me. Have you reflected on yours?